Wednesday, July 13, 2016

First Meeting and Phone Calls Coming Soon! An update on our Save BGAMUG Journey...

Hi, all! Just checking in again.















I just wanted to bring you up to date on the "Save Our BGAMUG Computer Club" journey.

It's been about two weeks since I found out some of our members wanted to close down the BGAMUG Computer Club - - and since I volunteered to help call people to help by volunteering to be an Officer for next year.

Reasons for shutting the club down (disbanding) included these:

Officers are tired of being officers and sometimes doing more than one job at one time,
Not as many Members are coming to meetings, and
Not as many Members as some Officers would like.

I am not sure about what other reasons there could be.

I volunteered to help - - so am writing this blog today again. I WAS helping with the website and blogging here in the past, so am doing it again.

If you are interested in being on this Save Our Club committee (also known as the Nomination Committee) just let me know by calling me or emailing me at lizann447 at yahoo.com.

And remind me if I do NOT get back with you the same day or the next day. Because I get a LOT of emails right now. I tend to sign up for everything that interests me, and I get some other kinds of emails too.

Well, that's about it. I will find a photo or two to share here next. I think it's the right thing to do to try to save this fun club.

I have not been active in the club always, but it's nice to know this fun group is here. It's a worthy group, and worth supporting. They have done many great things in the community too. I loved the fun get-togethers and events best. They were fun!

- Betsy S.

PS: this is me. It's a kind of older photo, but still...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...